House Groups & Small Groups
We encourage you to get involved in a midweek program. This is a wonderful way to grow as Christians and as a community. There are two types of groups operating at First Congregational: House Groups and Small Groups.
A house group is a smaller group of church members (10-12) who meet regularly beyond Sunday worship to share their lives and grow together in their faith. Interested? Contact House Group Coordinators Matt and Heather Rigby and we will help you find a place. The following House Groups are operating at First:
- Clayton Park West – 7:30–9:30 pm, Mondays every two weeks. Hosts and Leaders: David and Joanne Roberts. Leaders: Carl and Kathy Jobin.
- Fairmount – 7:30–9:30pm, Mondays every two weeks. Hosts: Jack and Claudette Goldston. Leaders: Colin and Amy MacKay and Bonnie Kostal.
- Halifax Peninsula – 7:30–9:30pm, Wednesdays every two weeks. Hosts: Matt and Heather Rigby. Leaders: David and Carolyn Sisley.
- Halifax Central – 6:30-8:30 pm, Mondays every two weeks. Hosts and Leaders: Kaye Bruce and Daniel Comeau.
- First Congregational – Seniors. 10:30am–noon with a light lunch, Fridays, meeting at two alternating homes. Leaders: David Seller and Russell Saulnier.
- First Congregational – Moms and Pre-Schoolers. This group is geared toward young mothers and childcare is provided. 9:30–11:30am Wednesdays in Ellis Hall at First. Leaders: Jane Merchant and Ella Roberts.
Monday nights are designated as “House Group Night”, so we try not to organize other events or meetings to avoid conflicts; however, House Groups do operate at other times during the week. More groups will be starting soon!
TEEN GIRLS GROUP- 3:30-5pm Mondays
MOMS GROUP- 9:30-11:30am Wed Bible study & Childcare for preschoolers
MIDWEEK PRAYER MEETING- 7pm Wednesdays at the church
FIRST CONG LIGHTNING BOLTS- For Grades 4-7 3:30-5pm Thursdays
SENIORS BIBLE STUDY & LUNCH- 10am Fridays in the church lower level